may be aware, PAG is trying to gather information from parents so that a Top
Five Priority List can be developed and shared with the administration. In addition to providing the administration
with parent’s preferences, this list will also help guide PAG activities /
fundraising over the next year or two.
In the December newsletter, a request was made for parents to submit their ideas. The following fifteen ideas that were submitted are now available for parents to view. Please identify your preferences by choosing a minimum of one / maximum five and submitting them to Kathleen Reid (475-6888) or (email@example.com)
PAG is holding a planning session in February, where we will take parents’ preferences into consideration to determine the top five list.
Thanks so much for your time and input!
1) "News You Can Actually Use" - practical information being provided to parents on various topics.
-A list of local daycares
-An actual list (i.e. the name) or links (internet/phone numbers) of products which DO meet the allergy restrictions.
-Homework help ideas...websites/tips from parents etc
2) Promotion of environmental friendliness - an actual list or links to safe (health) and environmentally friendly (green) products.
3) Promote/support local business and organizations
4) Health Promotion – e.g. Dental health
5) Promoting and encouraging the administration to provide meaningful artistic opportunities for our children (i.e. – independent, creative work – drama, dance, art and music )
- Artists in the schools working with kids to let them use their imaginations
- Exposure to a variety of instruments
- Opportunity to hear music that is not “pop culture”
Promote more support for teachers to increase / balance the artistic component in the classroom
e.g. – division’s art consultant
- Manitoba Arts Council – Artists in the school
- Continue with MTYP
- Learning through the Art
6) Consistency - In rules/expected behaviour/discipline throughout the school.
- second playground structure that is designed for older (and taller) children.
- more playground toys/equipment
8) Signage for the school (outdoors)
10) Strengthened communication / coordination between PAG and school initiatives
11) Intergenerational initiatives
12) Smart boards / Classroom technology
13) The children should be asked for their input on the PAG goals
14) Working towards eliminating the distinct separation of the English and French tracts. Creating unison between the two groups.
15) Subsidizing the cost of professional workshops on parenting, for parents interested in going, who in exchange would commit to presenting their ‘education’ to parents at the school.